In the United States, Hair loss is a rather common problem, affecting roughly 56 million men and women. In fact, as many as 80% of women and 65% of men can expect to have some level of hair loss before they reach the age of 60. With such facts readily available, it comes as no surprise why a significant number of people spend a whole lot of time looking at their scalps in the mirror in an effort scope out any signs their hair is thinning.
The truth is that the hair loss process can be somewhat slow and rather subtle. As a result, the following are some of the signs that you are growing bald:
Los Gatos Hair Transplant Doctor Outline 5 Signs You’re Going Bald
- To start off with, it is essential that you understand a large portion of the population can lose anywhere between 50 to 100 hairs everyday as a part of their hair’s natural growth cycle. Therefore, just because you happen to see some hair in the shower drain or on your pillow, it does not necessarily mean that you require hair loss treatment.
- In most cases, hair loss is usually first noticeable at the very top of one’s head. To see whether you are suffering from balding, take a hand mirror and start to examine this particular region.
- Hair loss also tends to be more apparent in people with rather dark colored hair, since the contrast with the pale color of the underlying scalp can make any thinning quite obvious.
- For males, you should inspect your hairline for balding signs, particularly around the edges of your temples. In case they have started to somewhat recede up and in the direction of your scalp, then that should serve as a clear indication of thinning.
- Furthermore, genetic pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia is literally the most common type of hair loss in both males and females. It also tends to progress in a very predictable pattern.
In case you find that you are suffering from balding, there are a variety of medical hair loss treatment and hair restorations options that you can opt for. In most cases, the efficiency of these procedures will rely heavily on your disposition, genetics, and financial capability.
You can also opt to wear a wig if you are not suffering from a permanent hair loss condition, one good example being those undergoing chemotherapy treatments. Also, wigs come in all shapes and sizes, so you won’t be short of variety.
With the right Los Gatos hair transplant doctor, you can effectively deal with your hair loss issues.