Guide to FUE Hair Restoration Surgery
Thinking about hair restoration or hairline surgery? Wondering how a FUE hair transplant works? Our trusted Los Gatos hair transplant doctor explains it further:
Follicular Unit Extraction a.k.a. FUE Surgery
A Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant involves small incisions on the scalp where individual hair follicles are transplanted. This takes time and precision, but this is typically the favored method of hair transplantation.
What Can Be Expected?
- First, you will be given a local anesthetic injection to numb the areas where hair is being removed and where it is being transplanted.
- Next, a punch-type tool is used to remove individual hair follicles.
- The follicles are transplanted into small holes created in the transplant region of your head.
- Care is taken to blend and match your natural and normal hair growth.
- After a brief period of observation (usually no more than an hour), you can leave the doctor’s office.
Follicular Unit Extraction is widely the preferred method of hair transplantation, though you also have the option of FUT, Follicular Unit Transplantation, which involves skin grafts containing more than one follicle at a time.
Another reason why FUE is often preferred is the shorter recovery time. After your transplant, you can expect about a week of discomfort, swelling, and recovery from your procedure. Follow the directions asserted by your surgeon; this can help expedite healing and hasten recovery.
It can take a few months to fully-see the results of your hair transplant procedure, so don’t expect others to notice a change right away. It will take your hair around three or four months to start growing in, but a truly noticeable difference may take six to eight months after your transplant. Be patient!
Schedule a Consultation to Speak with Our FUE Hair Restoration Doctor
The best way to determine the right hair restoration surgery for you is to speak with a hair transplant surgeon in the Bay Area, like Dr. Diep at MHTA Clinic. They can provide further information and assessment to help you make an informed decision about FUE hair transplant surgery.
It is natural to still have questions about FUE hair transplant. Talk to Dr. Diep at MHTA Clinic in Los Gatos to get answers and learn more about the best hair restoration options for you.