Get Educated About Women’s Hair Loss
Hair loss is commonly attributed to men. However, the American Academy of Dermatology estimates that forty percent of women have visible hair loss by the age of 40. For women, as well as men, excessive hair loss (baldness) can have a devastating self-image impact. For an effective treatment for serious hair loss instead of just a cover-up, it is important to secure the services of a professional San Jose bald treatment specialist.
Types of Female Hair Loss
There are four primary types of female hair loss:
- Female-pattern baldness is the most common type of baldness for women. It is experienced as the scalp hairs become progressively less dense. For women, the hair loss typically starts where they part their hair and on the top-central area of the head.
- Patchy hair loss, known as alopecia areata, starts suddenly with one or more circular bald patches in the hair.
- Traction alopecia is hair loss when braids, cornrows, or pigtails are used that tightly constrict the hair.
- Frontal fibrosing alopecia refers to a receding hairline and it commonly affects older women.
In these cases, a permanent and satisfying solution can be provided by an expert San Jose hairline surgery doctor.
Signs and Symptoms of Hair Loss
The signs and symptoms of hair loss include gradual hair thinning on top of the head, occurring for both women and men as they age. In women, the thinning may be first noticed as a broadening of the hair where the hair is parted or as a receding hairline. Circular or patchy spots in the hair may be noticed on the scalp or eyebrows and the skin may become itchy or painful. Sudden loosening of the hair or full-body hair loss can indicate a hair loss problem. Serious hair loss can be remedied, including eyebrow hair loss, by a Bay Area eyebrow enhancements specialist.
Causes and Risk Factors for Hair Loss
The causes and risk factors for hair loss include:
- A family history of parental balding.
- Poor nutrition.
- Significant weight loss.
- Hormonal or medical changes.
- Side effects experienced from the use of medications or supplements.
- Extremely stressful physical or emotional shock.
An experienced San Jose bald treatment specialist will know how to diagnose and treat permanent baldness problems.
Cover or Fix Your Hair Loss Problems?
If hair loss problems are serious, a cover-up, won’t provide a lasting and satisfying solution. A San Jose hairline surgery specialist can use expert methods of hair transplantation to provide a solution for which someone would exclaim, “You would never guess that my hair is transplanted.”
Seek Expert San Jose Hair Restoration
Contact Medical Hair Transplant & Aesthetics, the offices of Dr. John Diep, with locations in San Francisco and Los Gatos for a consultation. Dr. Diep has pioneered new hair transplant techniques and procedures that produce outstanding hair restoration results. Dr. Diep was chosen by Newsweek Magazine as one of the best hair loss doctors in the hair restoration field.