PLEASE READ THIS HIPAA NOTICE CAREFULLY, AS IT EXPLAINS HOW YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED AND SHARED AND HOW YOU CAN ACCESS IT.
At Medical Hair Transplant and Aesthetics (MHTA), we take your privacy and the security of your medical information seriously. We follow the rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to protect your personal health information (PHI).
What We Do to Comply with HIPAA
- Train our staff regularly to ensure they understand the importance of patient privacy and HIPAA rules.
- Control access to your PHI to make sure only authorized people can see it.
- Regularly assess our security measures to find and fix any potential vulnerabilities.
- Keep your PHI safe by encrypting it when it's sent and stored.
- Use physical and technical safeguards to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, changes, or destruction of PHI.
- Have a plan to respond to any PHI breaches.
- Monitor and report on our compliance with HIPAA rules.
We value patients' trust in us to handle their personal and medical information with care and confidentiality. We are committed to maintaining the highest privacy and security standards in handling personal health information (PHI). We will regularly review and update our policies and procedures to ensure that we fully comply with HIPAA regulations.
How and to Whom We May Use and Share Patient's Protected Health Information (PHI) (Only for Medical Treatment and Related Purposes)
- We may share your PHI with other healthcare providers involved in your care, without your signed authorization, if they need the information to provide their services.
- We may release your PHI when required or allowed by law, such as in court or to government agencies that oversee healthcare or law enforcement.
- We may share your PHI with companies that help us operate our hair transplant services, such as accountants and auditors.
- We may disclose your PHI in emergencies to help prevent serious harm to you or others or to report abuse or neglect.
- We may share your PHI with family members or others involved in your care or payment unless you tell us not to.
- We may contact you to remind you of appointments, discuss treatment options, or tell you about other services we offer.
- We may share your PHI with the health plan that pays for your care.
- We may be required by international, federal, state, or local laws to disclose your PHI.
NOTE: If we need to use or share your protected health information for any reason not listed above, we will ask you to sign a written authorization form.
As a patient, you have the following rights under HIPAA:
- Notification of breaches: You must be informed if there is a breach of your unsecured protected health information (PHI).
- Authorization revocation: You can revoke your authorization for us to use or disclose your PHI.
- Accounting of disclosures: You have the right to receive a list of the disclosures of your PHI made by us during the past six years.
- Notice copy: You can request a copy of this notice in electronic or paper form.
- Complaint filing: You can file a complaint with us about any violation of your privacy rights. We will not retaliate against you.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at. We will assist you and protect your rights.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
We are committed to protecting your personal health information (PHI) and complying with all applicable HIPAA regulations.
- We will provide you with a notice of our practices and legal responsibilities related to your PHI. This notice will explain how we use and disclose your PHI and your rights under HIPAA.
- We may change this notice and its terms, but those changes will apply retroactively to all PHI. This means that you will always be aware of our current practices and your rights.
- We will follow the provisions outlined in this notice and any updates. We are committed to protecting your PHI and your privacy.
If you want more information on our HIPAA compliance, please call us at (415) 230-2367 (San Francisco) and (408) 356-8600 (Los Gatos) or fill out a Contact Us on our website. We will get back to you ASAP.