Hair loss occurs due to various reasons. Thanks to technological advancements, hair restoration surgery can now be performed using state-of-the-art techniques like follicular unit extraction (FUE) with NeoGraft and microscopic follicular unit grafting. While a good clinic ensures your comfort during the hair transplant procedure, post-operative care requires careful attention to avoid the risk of complications. Here are 5 tips to a healthy recovery after San Francisco hair transplant surgery.
5 Tips for a Healthy Recovery After Hair Transplant Surgery
- Follow Your Doctor’s Instructions. You pre-operative appointment should cover what you need to know post surgery. Your doctor will give you an overview of what to expect, apart from seeing more hair, after your hair loss treatment. While post-op care applies in general, a trusted professional will have written instructions customized to your needs. The scalp typically appears pinkish immediately after the operation. Small scabs around the micro incisions may be covered with any subsisting hair to keep your hair transplant inconspicuous. Most patients feel comfortable going out in public, even without wearing a hat, after 5-7 days.
- Do Not Wash Your Hair At Home. Post-operative appointments are essential to achieve the best outcome. You’ll be returning to the clinic right on the day after your hair loss treatment. Your hair will be shampooed then blow dried at the doctor’s office prior to scalp examination. Your doctor will also review after-care instructions for the succeeding week, including a 4 to 6-day modified hair care approach. You can shampoo your hair and blow dry as you normally would after a week.
- Hold Off On Chemical Hair Processing. Hair coloring, perming, and other chemical treatments are ideally done a week prior to the surgery. Otherwise, schedule your hair salon visit at least one month after your hair transplant procedure.
- Refrain From Doing Strenuous Activities. Recovery time is minimal, but should be dedicated to rest and fully recuperate. Limit vigorous and taxing activities for at least a week after hair transplantation. Most patients get back to routine just within 2-4 days post surgery.
- Set Realistic Expectations on Hair Growth. New grafts begin to grow in 2-4 months following a hair transplant surgery. Note that hair grows in varying cycles, and you may not see them all at once. After 8 months, about 90 percent of the grafts should be visible. Patience will soon bear its fruit with hair that looks completely natural and beautiful.
If You Are Seeking a San Jose Hair Transplant Surgeon, Contact Dr. Diep at MHTA Clinic
For quality hair restoration surgery followed through with proper post-operative care, contact MHTA Clinic today. Call (866) 999-6482 now for a consultation with the best FUE hair transplant doctor, Dr. Diep, or contact us online here!