Why Hair Transplant Surgery is a Great Men’s Hair Loss Treatment Solution
Hair loss is nothing new; the first surgical hair transplant occurred in 1939 in Japan. Currently, it is estimated that around 50% of women and over 60% of men in this country experience some type of hair loss. The question is: do hair transplants work? The short answer is a resounding yes.
Here is what you need to know about San Jose men’s hair loss treatment and hair restoration surgery:
How Hair Transplants Work
For men and women experiencing hair loss, hair transplants show promise. In recent years, hair transplants have become widely popular and more accessible than ever before. Transplanting hair follicles to areas of the head that is balding or thinning, as well as to eyebrows or beard, are becoming common procedures. A hair transplant surgeon will be able to explain your transplant options at length during your initial consultation.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
When it comes to hair restoration, there are many reasons why patients choose FUE hair transplant surgery. It is very discreet, as individual follicles leave tiny marks that are barely visible. The hairs are then transplanted to the area of the head that is balding through a grafting procedure.
Recovery and Recuperation
You will be happy to know that FUE recovery is relatively short and comfortable, without the rigors of stitches, staples, or sutures. You will want to have a driver on the day of your appointment and follow your surgeon’s orders to prevent complications.
Things to remember about hair loss:
- Hair restoration products are typically temporary, so hair transplants offer a more reliable and long-term solution to your hair loss.
- Hair loss has more to do with your hair follicles than your scalp.
- It is normal to lose hair, including transplanted hair during the shedding phase.
- FUE hair restoration selects individual hairs for transplantation; this is the best option for those that want to wear short hair and may create the most satisfying outcome.
- Hair transplant doesn’t necessarily improve the quality of your existing hair. The better condition your hair is in, the more chance of a successful transplant.
San Jose Hair Transplant Consultations are Just a Click or Call Away
Ready to do something about your thinning hair or receding hairline? Consult with our San Francisco hair transplant doctor, Dr. Diep at MHTA Clinic and learn more about your hair restoration options today. Call 1-866-999-6482 or fill out our online contact form here.